Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Blog World

Hey gang, I know I have been super behind with updates but at least I am getting on to say hello to you guys for all major holidays. Today I am counting that as a total win! I am writing to you from a 7:30 a.m., still not so caught up on my sleep stage, this dreary New Year's morn. My sweet dog has been keeping me up at night along with my sweet (not feeling so hot) little boy, so to say the least, I am still a bit behind on my sleep. I think I was asleep by 8 p.m. last night for some very not-so-rowdy New Year's Eve festivities. I was the happiest gal on earth with the early bed time and the hubs was too so that could mean we are officially growing old but just too tired to care.

For a bit of an update on sweet Mercy girl, first off leaving her proved to be another challenge. We were pretty certain that her defense mechanisms went high when she could detect that something was changing again as we were packing to take her back. I think the entire trip was just a huge reality check of the true difficulties that lie ahead, however, we are certain that the joys will far outweigh the hardships in the long run. I kept telling myself "everything in life worth having takes work". A marriage takes work, babies (adopted or not) take tons of work, a house takes work, a career takes work.....you get the point.

In regards to court (and the lack of pictures here to follow), we did NOT pass court. That was heart breaking and emotional all in itself but everything should be resolved and good to go this week, Jan 5th, when the lawyer resubmits the paperwork with a corrected error in terms regarding her birth father's status. He has not come back into the picture by any means so there are no worries there, just an error in paperwork they could not ignore (which in the end I am thankful for their diligence to detail). So, hopefully this week we will be receiving an email or a call saying all is well, "she is ours". We were also waiting on a document on this side of things that arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon, praise the Lord, so hopefully, with God's great grace, we will still be set for a "sometime in February" pick up date. Regardless that date is not assigned until a somewhat last minute moment so we will just prepare as though it will be early February and trust God's perfect timing.

Life in general is a bit off kilter as I start this New Year's Day, but I am trusting God has great plans for us in 2011. The time travel and absence of Christmas in addition to lack of sleep all combine to make things all a bit odd and/or off. I am avoiding questions about my "feelings" at all cost because they can simply not be trusted at this moment. What I KNOW is this, I will need Jesus in 2011. I will need to cling to His Word in 2011. I have a lot to be thankful for from 2010. I have a lot to look forward to in 2011. At one point in the trip I reminded myself, Jesus has to be my everything, regardless and always. He had to be my everything in the lowest moments of Ethiopia and He will have to be my everything today, tomorrow, and in the weeks and months to come in order for me to find true joy.

I have also been reminded this week of the joys of following Him and the devastation of not. I want you guys to all make a pact with me, that this year we will follow Him more than ever. I don't dare want us to try to be "strong" Christians. , No I want us to be madly in love, totally sold out, surrendered Christians. Weak ones, in full need of our Savior will really be our best bet! So in 2011, spend more time with Him, make sure you have plans to be plugged into a Bible Study where you will get the Word and awesome fellowship all in the same place. Seek His will and calling for you and if you are bored with life, reevaluate. And finally if you are weary, do not give up in doing good so that we will reap a harvest! 2011 is looking bright, not because of circumstances and whatnot, but because the King of the Universe has come to give hope!

The Bullocks love you dearly!
K

No comments: