Saturday, September 20, 2008

Spiritual Renewal

Hello everyone, it is 1:00 a.m. and I am sitting in the floor of our amazing cabin in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I laid in bed last night thinking of you guys, wishing I could write and just try to explain what the Lord has done for me here. I didn't bring my computer out of obedience, but the Lord blessed me with a sweet girl here with a laptop and I felt free to say a quick hello. Let me explain what I am doing. I am here with a group of women that started as 4 sweet moms wanting to get away for a few days to what now is 22 women who are here basking in God's presence. Tonight we did a "ice breaker" because we don't all know each other, actually your first year you just know the friend that brought you. During the ice breaker the Lord performed a miracle that I have only seen a few times in my life. He opened the door for us to be real. Someone made a joke and the ICE BROKE and later there were groups all over this cabin ministering to each other, pouring into each other, being the church. Guys, I heard my husband say this recently and I felt like it was the greatest "sermon" you could ever hear, he told some friends "this God thing is real". We are a group of 22 women from all walks of life, from all denominations, from all family dynamics and from all amount of freedom and of bondage and we all have the same cure, we all have the same remedy, JESUS! Renewal is what I have experienced already and our teaching sessions haven't even began. I have layed in bed and enjoyed the peace of not needing to make a bottle or tend to a crying baby. I am surrounded by women who demand I love my Jesus more, my man more, and my children more. I have experienced something the Bible commands, rest. I have seen the true meaning of Sisters in Christ as I have hugged necks that I haven't seen since this time last year. I love you all. I pray that you know this Jesus. I pray that you believe that this God thing is real. I pray you are real instead of the all so sickening fake. I pray that if you read this and long for what I am experiencing that you will get on your knees and ask the Lord to give you an opportunity to get at His feet and most importantly that you will receive it! I love you lots!
K

No comments: