Monday, October 6, 2008

Ponder Anew,

What the Almighty can do.........

Yesterday morning as I sat in a church in St. Louis at the end of my amazing weekend, we sang a familiar hymn that contained a jewel of a phrase that would sum up my entire weekend. The Lord is asking me to Ponder Anew, What the Almighty Can DO! Have I experienced and witness spiritual breakthroughs in my short walk, you better believe it. In my own life I have witnessed miracles beyond any and all comprehension. I feel like the Lord has literally reprogramed my hard drive to the point that I will never be the same. However, just like any Christian, I have been feeling as if I have hit a brick wall in my walk. I didn't consciously come to this place, it just happened. This weekend as I sat down for the first night of the conference and the speaker begin to talk, I felt as if the Father of ALL the universe turned my chin towards Him and with every ounce of love available He said to me, "we need to talk". The pastor went on for an hour speaking on things that were so deep in my heart that I hadn't even fully discussed them with my husband. It was as if the whole message was just meant for me and basically by the end of the weekend, I knew God was repeating one word, MORE! More of a walk, more of a commitment, more of search for Him and His greatness. I don't fully even know how to put all that I felt into words other than to explain that "warm fuzzy" was only half and the other half was staring at a task that seemed honestly overwhelming. I am at a crossroads, will I go further in my walk or will I accept good enough. I mean come on, lets face it, whether we want to admit it or not a lot of times we feel like "this is really good enough". I mean, I don't cuss, smoke, or drink anymore. My husband is a student pastor and I am a stay at home mom who does Bible Studies all the time. Isn't that good enough? Well guys, the answer after this weekend is most certainly, NO! I have to decide, make a conscious commitment, to pull up my boot straps and go further still. I am encouraged by His approach of love during all of this. It wasn't as if He were looking down on me for not wanting this, it was more as if He was asking me to come closer, but being too polite to make me. He is asking me to enter the Holy of Holies, but He is not dragging me in. Today I am forcing myself to not look at the big picture of the unknown because honestly I have only a small vision for how this is to play out in my life. After spending a weekend at a conference called Relentless, all I know is that it is going to take work, determination, perseverance, focus, and commitment at all cost. The Lord has given me two starting points, but I feel a call to walk into a relationship that I didn't even know existed. So, how about you? Are you feeling relentless this morning or is good enough a better description of your walk? Do you believe the Lord is on a constant pursuit for a deeper relationship with His children or do you buy into the lie that Susie (or Sam) Christian is your lot in life. I am really starting to realize that His way is the best way, but He is only asking for more and I would be a fool not to take Him up on it! I need your prayers. My flesh would rather do just about anything right now that to venture into this uncharted territory, but how romantic that I was even invited to go! Jesus, I would love nothing more than to Ponder Anew, what the Almighty can do!

Uncertain, but Relentless!
Kelly

No comments: