Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mr. President……………

Good morning gang, whether you are thrilled this a.m. with the results of the Presidential election or whether you are not wanting to believe it really happened, I want to challenge all of you to land with me on some things that we can all agree are Biblical to say the least. The Bible teaches that God places ALL authority (Romans 13:1-7) and that we are called to respect our authority for its position, not for its position holder (Heb 13:17). I am committed to pray for Obama, to pray that the Lord leads him and guides him through his decisions. I pray that the Lord places godly advisors around him that will teach him the Word and the blessing of Discerning the Voice of God. I pray that he does nothing while in power that will jeopardize the right to life. I pray that our God will meet Him in his room in the White House and speak to him on a conviction regarding abortion that will rock anything he has stood for in the past. I pray that we as Christians will commit to NEVER speak an ugly word towards our President whether in public or in private. I pray that we take God’s Word seriously in this matter. We are called to love and respect our authority and I think others would see Christ through that reaction alone. This man has a task ahead of him that none of us need to even pretend to fathom. I think our prayers for him regarding foreign affairs, the economy, and energy are the uplifting that Obama needs. I pray that regardless of who is supporting him in the spotlight, that his closest confidants are madly in love with Jesus and that they encourage his faith. When studying the Bible it is blatant that the Lord blesses leaders who hear His voice and lead how the Spirit instructs. I pray that behind the scenes his knees wear out the carpet of the Oval Office. I love you guys and I am honored to be a part of a generation where race is becoming a distant memory and where our country is really an equal opportunity employer. Let’s commit today to lift Obama up and intercede on his behalf and believe that with man things are impossible, but with God ALL things are possible (Luke 18:27)!

110% Behind our President Elect,
Kelly

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

A message everyone should read. Good job, Kel!