Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hello blog friends! The Bullock Crew is a bit under the weather but hanging in there! God has been so good to us these past few weeks. He has been so faithful to encourage our hearts and to give us glimmers of His work in our lives. I have actually been in awe this week of His great patience and mercy to see us not only through this season, but the fact that He saw us to this season truly amazes me. While parenting Cross through the "terrible twos", I have often felt so overwhelmed at the amount of work, determination, and perseverance it takes to raise a child. I am not usually a long term committer. I like start ups, events, short seasons of work, where I can see things tied nicely in a bow sooner rather than later. Then, I personally, like to move on to something else. As you can imagine, that side of my personality has had a difficult time with this reality that things like manners, respect, patience, and the million other character traits I desire for Cross are going to be a life long endeavor. I am seeing more and more at how good God is to make this same long term commitment with His children. Obviously salvation is the greatest gift on earth, but I am seeing more and more that sanctification is a close second. Not giving us what we want, when we want it, takes more work, take more effort and takes way more time. I often say to Cross, please just do what I asked you to do (because selfishly, in the back of my mind, I don't even have the energy to march his little booty in the bedroom and shepherd his behind). That's why we as moms (or mainly I) give in, why we are lazy sometimes and don't do what is best, because we are exhausted, worn out, and without the patience to do the hard work to see our children through. But not God, He is gracious and without frustration or exhaustion, He parents His children with perfection!

So this Thanksgiving, oddly enough, that really is what I am thankful for. 2009 may have been one of the most difficult seasons so far in my walk with Jesus, but I am certain, it will bare the most fruit when this journey is said and done. Thank you Jesus that despite my pleas, You are sticking this one out, working all of this for good, all the while preparing an awesome place for us to journey at the end. I love you guys and I really do thank my God every time I think of you! Let's be odd to the world this year, let's really be thankful and not just for the turkey!

Because of Him,
Kelly

No comments: