Friday, November 27, 2009

It's all what you make of it.............

Life, that is! This a.m. as I have officially blown my nose 400 times since my eyes awoke at 4:00 a.m. and most certainly not for any Christmas sales. My eyes opened because my poor body gets so incredibly congested when I am lying down that eventually it just says enough is enough and I have to start the regiment of tissues, coffee, medicine, hot shower, the works. These past few days (well years really) I have been fighting the oh not so glorious pity party. Cross has been sick since Friday, mine came along maybe Monday and Jeremy's has been slowly sneaking in as well. Yesterday as my father-in-law cooked up the best Thanksgiving Dinner this side of the Mississippi, I hid in the corner tying not to sneeze on anyone and J sat trying not to pass out while we all awaited the meds to kick in and the turkey to be served! To join in my proof of not so "ideal" Thanksgivings, I have a dear friend who has been sitting just a few short miles away in the hospital with her daughter who has pneumonia and then I have Shawnna who is several miles away suffering with chemo sores in her throat that are preventing her from calling and I am certain preventing her from a good Thanksgiving cheer! So, with all my tissues close in tact, I am hearing my sweet mother's advice ringing through my ear, "it most certainly could be worse". And Amen to that one for sure.

So today, now that I am finally able to hear out of both ears and have downed enough breakfast to pop some more pills, I am heading out to make this day one that would resemble a child saved by grace rather than defeated by circumstances. Even if it takes me 5 hours I am going to attempt to disinfect this house and get it Christmas decor ready. I am going to go grab up my sweet baby who is stirring in the back ground and attempt to take him somewhere fun........

Sorry, that stirring turned into screaming, which turned into a fit over having to have a poopy diaper changed, which turned into another fit because he wanted creamer for breakfast instead of milk and then finally the routine needed to make it to where he could breath because evidently he is not as well as I had thought. Ok, where was I?

Oh yeh, it's all what you make of it! PERFECT TIMING for the reminder!

So readers, I am certain many of you may not be having the most "perfect" Thanksgiving or even life for that matter. But let's do our best today, by God's great grace, to make this weekend filled way more with joy than with regrets. 1 Peter 4:12 says "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ." I guess the true quest is to stop being so surprised that life just isn't ever (on earth) going to be perfect. One last quote before I leave you to attempt to snuggle on one grumpy toddler and make my husbands lunch and get him off to work.

"Nothing whatever pertaining to godliness and real holiness can be accomplished without grace!" A big Amen to that Jesus! Please fill us with your grace this day, to make the best of this thing we call LIFE!

K

No comments: