Monday, February 23, 2009

A Woman’s Brain…………….

I have noticed something HElarious in my shower recently and for some reason I just had to share it with you guys. Every time I go to wash my hair these days I can’t stop laughing at the reality staring me in the face, WOMEN ARE WEIRD! I should certainly be able to say that, I am one for starters. I think it is fine to make fun of your own species without it being politically incorrect. Ok, so within the last month, probably even the last few weeks, on two separate occasions I bought Conditioner (the first time) and then Shampoo (during a separate trip). So you are thinking, big deal, well………let me just read to you what the labels of the bottles say and you will catch my “why are we so darn crazy” drift.

Conditioner: Herbal Essences “Dangerously Straight” (oooooohhhhhh how scary, hahha) Pin Straight Conditioner

Shampoo: Sunsilk Daring Volume, Turn blah into body and bounce with collagen-c, anit-flat shampoo

Are you laughing now as well or is it just me? I didn’t think about how silly it sounded until I saw them side by side in the shower, staring at me in the eye, almost laughing with me in their opposite potion bottles. Why should I expect my husband to get me, I don’t even get myself. Why one week do I want ooooooohhhhhh DANGEROUSLY straight hair and then the next I want daring body and bounce. Who knows??

Well, this isn’t the deepest blog I have ever written, but it sure makes me laugh every day when I give my hair the shock of its life. It probably wonders, "what on earth am I supposed to do, straight or fluffy, full or flat"? I don’t know hair, just look cute for goodness sake, figure it out yourself.

I guess the moral is, I am looking for something in those stupid bottles that I am not going to get. Sometimes we see how ridiculous our subconscious can be when it stares us in our face and the full consciousness has to live with the reality. I don’t want to live like this, but sometimes I don’t know how to escape it. I don’t want to look for my identity in my hair, outfits and really cute toenail polish that it is now too darn cold to even show off. I really WANT to find my identity in Christ yet not scare everyone off along the way. I want to be able to enjoy a new bottle of Conditioner, not find myself one week later looking for the opposite fix. Oh well, I have no answers in this blog, only questions, but I am just GUESSING it is a daily struggle for all of us with this some days cursed, some days blessed title called Women???

Man, I feel like a Woman!
Kelly

1 comment:

cameron strittmatter said...

Your blog gets fancier and fancier. Shucks, you guys!