Saturday, January 16, 2010

Meditate

Today I watched something in a video and I was so tempted to sit down and text several of my dearest friends who are going through a hard time. But then, I thought to myself, no, there are too many to text and there is too much to tell, I'll email them, yes I'll email them, I'll even "blind cc" their names because many of them are not even aware of the other's massive struggle. But then I logged on and thought......no.....I'll put it all in a blog! Because see, here is what I know and what I am learning, WE ARE ALL STRUGGLING in one way or the other. Sure we can all say, "well at least we don't have it as bad as so-in-so". Today I was struggling and J and I were talking and I said "well, I know I am blessed, I mean, especially in light of HAITI"! Well, good gracious, in light of Haiti, no one is allowed to even have a bad hair day much less a bill or health problem! But here is the thing, WE DO! We do have problems and just to be women, we even do have bad hair days, but the question is, what on earth are we going to do with them? And Beth Moore (well Jesus really) looked me in the eye today and told me the answer, "meditate"! She said that we usually and by nature, meditate on the problem, which is what I have spent most of this day doing. Maybe I wonder sometimes if I don't think constantly think about my checkbook, who will? Maybe I think if I just roll over and over in my head about how we have to have a different job that one will fall out of mid air. Maybe that's you?? Maybe you (and so many of you I know your struggles and I am even tempted to do this for you) think that if you take your eye or your mind off of your problem that somehow you are screaming to the world that it is not really there. And I am betting that scares you half to death like it scares me! I must FIX IT! Some how, some way, I MUST fix it, but I just can't!

Only Jesus can fix my problem and I am certain that only He can fix yours as well! They are too big, if they were simple, we would have done it ourselves, but we can't. But we do have a part, we do have a role in this battlefield of the mind and that my friends is to meditate. Beth used Joshua 1:8 "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your MOUTH, step one, not even just your mind, your mouth! Girls we have got to get a verse for our current issue and if we have to repeat it 4 1/2 million times a day then so be it. Step two, day and night! So often people think I am "oh so super spiritual" (and legalistic) because I listen to only Christian or watch only Christian or blah, blah, but you need to know it is only because I seem to always be that desperate. I just only have so many hours in a day and usually (not always) but a sermon is going to do this flesh a lot better than a movie and a Jesus song needs to be pumping through my veins or I am bound to get off track. I love me some HGTV just like the rest of the world, but I have to chose to meditate on the Word more often than the world. Finally, step three, "so that we will be careful to DO everything that is written in it"! There have been many times in my life that I was doing the wrong thing because I didn't know the right. Even recently I have read Scripture and thought to myself, oh no, I am off and I need to redirect!

And then my sweet friends, can you all repeat after me the "then" of this "if, then verse", THEN YOU WILL BE PROSPEROUS AND SUCCESSFUL! Alrighty, I pick that! No questions, I want to prosper and be successful. If you don't, well, I can't offer you anything else! I want to take this world by storm for Jesus' name and renown. The thoughts that run through my mind about Haiti alone would change history, but I will never do any of those if I am sitting in my very own pitty party complaining about money! I have to meditate on the promises of God for me and my life, trusting that if I do my part, HE WILL DO HIS!

So for me...........
"I am still confident of this,
I WILL see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living"

Wait for the Lord
Be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord"
Psl 27:13-14

and I just had to share Miss Beth's

"You are the foundation
on which we stand today.
You always save us and give
true wisdom and knowledge.
Nothing means more to us than obeying you."
Isaiah 33:6

She also talked about how in order to reach our inheritance, it would always involve kicking someone else OUT. I bet you gals can guess, just who that someone else is! There may be only one thing that ranks high on my list of things to-do after glorifying God and that is kicking satan's butt! He has stolen your land and he is attempting to make you too defeated to move forward in gaining it back! You meditate on truth and you WILL prosper and be successful! Your families and your men WILL come to know and worship the Lord! You will (and I will) have babies! You will see them grown into fine young ladies! And you will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Be strong and take heart and wait on the LORD!

I love you all!
To the ones I know who are suffering-
K

No comments: