Thursday, July 23, 2009

Courage!



I am sitting in Shawnna's hospital room. This angel is one of the first things you notice as you walk in the door. Her precious mother bought this for her and my eyes have been drawn to it the entire time I have been here! I am going to attempt to put into words how accurately this symbolizes her mood. As you know, her cancer is back. After all of the tests, it is in her liver and her bone marrow. You would think that news would strip away all of her spirit, all of her joy, all of her hope and all of her peace. Instead, she keeps saying, "every time I picture my future it is just bright and full of sunshine." You probably are having the same reaction I had, wow, sunshine, really, ok..........I talked to a friend of ours on the phone today and God gave me the perfect words to describe our sweet friend's peace. I told her, "I am witnessing the awesomeness of someone who has a relationship, not a religion." So, how is Shawnna doing, well honestly better than most of us! She knows her Jesus, she knows His healing power, His promises to her, and His faithfulness past, present and FUTURE! Here is the question I am asking myself, do I? Do I know my Jesus so well, so intimately, so relationally that I can have perfect peace in any and all circumstances? How bout you? Are you this close to your Savior or most days would you have to admit a religion instead? I am seeing the grace that touches a life when it is the total opposite and it is so attractive that I want to do everything in my power to have that same friendship that Scripture promises is no respecter of person! I love you guys, I can't thank you enough for your prayers! Keep it up, needless to say, they are working!

The happiest friend in the whole wide world!
K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K- soooooooooooooooo glad to hear that things are going great! I would love to have HALF her courage in the face of what she is up against! What an amazing witness she is!!! Love you, gal! Praying, praying, praying!!!
-Em
p.s. I can't get it to sign in so I have to be anonymous...sorry!