Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You take what you get...............

And you don't throw a fit! I heard a sweet friend of mine's daughter sing this little jingle recently and I thought it was the cutest thing I had ever heard. She was referring to Spaghetti O's for lunch or something seemingly trivial at least, but man the truth behind that little song sings volumes to life on this side of Heaven. Speaking of Heaven, our small group is about to start a study on Heaven so I am certain a theme is a brewing, but today as I was driving.......pitching a full blown fit, I was as ready to hear those trumpets sound as I have ever been! The only thing holding me back was the desire for a sweet baby girl, but I knew that even that crazy blessing wouldn't hold a candle. I also reasoned that surely she would be there too, already created, who knows how all that works. Ok, where was I, so today, or at least tomorrow, my goal is going to be, you take what you get and you don't throw a fit. Some of us are waiting on God. Some of us are raising children with severe birth defects. Some of us are called to remote villages in Africa to spread the Gospel, some of us are too busy, some of us are too bored. Some are too lonely, some are too stretched, some are too weak and some are too strong (for their own good at least). We all have some kind of junk in life that we are dealing with, that I am certain. The greatest blessing in having the opportunity to minister and to counsel with people is the reminder that NO ONE, NOT even one single person, has it easy! Sure sometimes on the outside it may appear as such, but trust me, none of us have a cake walk because none of us are in Heaven! Earth sucks............sorry BB I know that is a bad word, but it does on all accounts! Jesus is it, His presence is everything, His grace is the only way we can even breath. So for the rest of this week, sing along with me, learn too from the 3 year old that was dealing with the let downs of life with gracious self control instead of a foot stomping fit!

You take what you get and you don't throw a fit!!!!!!!

O Jesus help me..........I have SUCH a long way to go!
K

No comments: