Monday, September 14, 2009

Are you madly in love....................

That was the question posed to me a few short years ago by an almost total stranger at lunch! I had gone to lunch with a lady who I had only met "through a friend of a friend" and I met with her because I knew one simple truth, she was madly in love with Jesus. If there is one thing I have done right while walking with the Lord it has been making a point of spending time with women who were totally sold out and this lady was no different. I can't even remember what the "reason" for the lunch was at the time, but I know for me it was simply to be near a Jesus lady. Well, I can say for certain she caught me totally off guard with her question. Are you madly in love with your man? Well............at the time, deep down, the answer honestly was no. For those of you who know my husband, he is awesome, but like all women, I probably took him for granted, I knew ALL of his flaws and life was just so darn busy that the puppy love she was insinuating was very low on my priority list! That day as I sat at lunch and listened to a women share about the gift, better yet the choice, of being madly in love with your mate, I caught a vision that I pray never fades. I wanted what she was sharing and I wanted it at any cost. The cost was high and it has been several years, but I am thrilled today to share with you that I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH JEREMY! I don't have to pretend to be or talk myself into it, when I see that man I can hardly keep my hands off of him and if anyone on this earth tried to bad mouth him I would come as unglued as this 5'2" gal could and sucker punch them right in the nose.

So here is my question for you today...............Are you madly in love with your man? This concept came to my mind when I was talking on the phone to a dear friend who is almost old enough to be my momma. She is worried about her child and their marriage. I told her the only thing she could do was to go home and take good care of her own man! I could tell by her response that she too had bought into the lie that those "googly eyed" days were over! I could tell she KNEW her man's faults (probably almost 30 years of them) and I could tell she maybe just maybe had been guilty of taking her man for granted! I don't know why but I couldn't help but think that maybe some of you (like me) could be guilty of the same! Maybe your man doesn't pick up his underwear or isn't as chatty cathy as you wished he would be! Maybe he isn't "spiritual" enough, maybe his breath stinks or his lack of table manners have almost sent you over the edge! Maybe he watches WAY too much football or listens to way too little Christian music! Maybe just maybe your man was like my man and just wasn't perfect! Well ladies, I have news for you, there is a love relationship that you were designed to have with your spouse that you could be missing out on because you are unwilling to pay the high price it costs to get there! Humility and intentionality come with a price tag that took every amount of the Holy Spirit's power for me to pay! I got so excited thinking about how much better my friend's home would look is she would just go home and pinch her husband's butt (and a few other unmentionables), make him a dinner that would cause him to want to smack his momma and then rub his back while he watched the game! So many of us are so worried about our spouse's flaws that we forget our long laundry list of imperfections! We are too focused on their lack of romance to notice our lack of affection! We are too stubborn to go get our fairy tale ending, we want it served up on a silver platter as if we were the Queen of Egypt!

So yes I promise I will fill you in on Gatlinburg soon, but this message just seemed to have a Monday kind of urgency in my soul! I am so thankful for that random conversation I had with that sweet women that day! I honestly don't think I have seen her since, but God used her to change my marriage and to bless my life and I am so thankful He did! Our men need us to believe in them, to respect them unconditionally, heck, just to give them a break for not being perfect! Ask the Holy Spirit to show you what you need to do TONIGHT to start the pursuit of being madly in love with your man!

Still chasing
K

Single ladies who are reading, so sorry to spend a whole post on the marrieds, but let me tell ya, print this one out and trust me, if it is God's will for you to have a hubby, you will need it! What we dream of for so many years, we so quickly take for granted!

No comments: