Thursday, September 10, 2009

Good Morning Blog World............

It is a not so bright and shiny 4 a.m. and I am writing for prayer! In a few short hours a slew of us from all across the state (not counting our 2 Ohio friends) will be heading to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for our girls trip, the one I have mentioned several times in recent posts. I am unsure totally of why God has me up at 4 a.m. but I know He does and I am betting a large portion has to do with me praying and asking for your prayers for this entire trip! Saying that satan has and is putting up a full war zone in regards to this trip is nothing but a vast understatement. Almost every person that has committed to going has either backed out or been super tempted. For me personally, I have had to grip life by my teeth this week just to avoid insanity. I know God is going to do great miracles in our lives while we are there, but we are for certain having to fight tooth and nail just to make that step happen!

I also considered not sharing another detail with you guys because of a desire to not sound "braggy" but my heart is so far in the realm of desperation that I must have your prayers. I am teaching Saturday night, a session on Love at 8 p.m. and I have yet to feel like God has totally given me my message! So prayer warriors, as always, you are my number one pick! I need people interceding for me and I never, ever want to be too proud to ask! I received the sweetest email from a gal yesterday from what seems like a million miles away saying that she is a reader friend. You have no idea how God used that to rock my world. So if you are in "ear distance" of this blog and you would be willing to pray us up whether you and I have been the dearest of friends since the first grade of have never laid eyes on one another, please know that I am so very grateful for your friendship!

I am asking you to pray specifically for two things:
1. My message.
1 Corinthians 2:3-5
"I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."
That is my greatest desire, that God would give a great demonstration of the Spirit's power because I am for sure going in weakness and fear and with much trembling!
2. For the women coming, that they would get there! The verse that keeps coming to my mind is in Daniel when the angel was trying to get him, but had to first fight a war in the heavenlies. Man has there been a war this week and please pray that each person who is supposed to be there will be fought for and that the war will be won!
Daniel 10:12
"Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them."
Our group has prayed and fasted and tried to be faithful in asking for a great miracle! I pray that our words were heard!

Ok..............that does it, I feel better already! I love you guys to death! I will for sure send you a post next week totally bragging on all that God did and promise some pics as well! Have an awesome weekend wherever you are and a big GOD BLESS!

K

p.s. excuse typos, it is 4 a.m.
p.s.s. (how 5th grade, but it made me laugh) Here is a link about our group with a pic from last year if you want a visual for your prayers!
http://www.ladiesoflegacytn.blogspot.com/
p.s.s.s. Christy is the other girl that will be teaching and I am CERTAIN she would covet your prayers as well! She is Saturday a.m.

No comments: