Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Finale.............................

Well it's Friday afternoon and Cross is taking his late afternoon nap. Since we started preschool we have to take another nap to get us through the day. They only sleep for 1 1/2 hours at school which isn't nearly long enough for my little guy. I now know this is a common dilemma for parents, but it never really crossed my mind until day one of school when Cross was a disaster by 5:00. Our new routine is working even with my OCD tendencies and resisting of change. I am seeing it is a TOTAL blessing because I can now get supper prepared in peace which is worth more to me than the longer naps we were used to!

So.............that was all a random side note to what I was signing on to say! I wanted to share the glorious victory, the Friday Finale, to making it through another week of life. Some days (well really most days) I feel like that is such a win, such a blessing, to get through another week without drinking beer, without giving up on life, without being super rude to anyone (at least not intentionally or knowingly), without running away from home, without turning my back on God, and without killing my husband OR my child, or both! :) No offense sweety!

I was reading recently about how life is a marathon and not a sprint, about how Paul says "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2. I can't help but focus in on the "who for the joy set before him ENDURED". Some moments of life are just naturally a blessing and other moments must be endured. They must be the hills in the marathon, the last few miles, or the wall you hit 1/2 way through. Some moments aren't peaches and cream and in those moments, God is so proud when we don't give up, give in, or give out! When we fix our eyes on Jesus who is the author and perfecter of our faith.

So for me, the third week of October is down, almost at least. The 4th week will come soon, and our circumstances regarding a job have no earthy hope in sight. BUT the great news is, our Father has promised He is working all things for good (Rom 8:28), He has provided for ALL of our needs (Phil 4:19), and He is doing a new thing which He personally told me to behold (Ish 43:18). So, with that said, I pray that your Friday Finale is a good one as well. Sure you may have slowed down to a crawl in your race this week, sure you may have needed a few extra water stops, and sure blisters may be forming, but lets don't quit the race. Let's look so forward to the joy that is set before us that these problems of life seem like light and momentary troubles (2 Cor 4:17). Let's make sure we stomp satan again next week and tell him to shut it for ALL the lies: past, present and future. Let's encourage a fellow Christian or a family member who has fallin off the wagon. Let's give our marriages 100% and let go of the ol' 50/50. Let's love our babies in spite of our million and one mistakes. Let's pray this weekend that God will reveal Himself to us on Sunday morning like never before. Let's finish this thing called life well; let's finish 2009 with a bang. Let's live to see the fullness of the Lord revealed in us. Let's attempt to be an exception to the rule instead of a statistic! Let's copy-cat Jesus and endure, even to the cross, because there are a great cloud of witnesses at stake!

Ok, love you guys like crazy! Have awesome weekends!
K

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

I wanna be a copy-cat. :) Thanks for the boost. This should start my week off nicely.

I just wrote too, about my new favorite book. Check it out. :)

See you Friday.