Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One liners....................

I have been wanting to say hello for several days but can't seem to make it happen! SO, with Cross down for a nappy, I am going to attempt to share some kind of "one liners" that God is using or has used over the past couple of weeks to change my life! I mean change my life literally because I feel like I am finally beginning to come out of the funk that this season of wilderness living has tried to sink me in! Thank you Jesus for your encouragement, for your gentle whisper, for the perfect books and people to encourage me! You are so personal, so Holy, so full of love! To YOU be all the glory forever and ever, AMEN!

"I am smokin, what I am sellin!" From a pastor's blog and it made me think, wrestle, cry, and repent!

"So I'll be doin what is right despite incarceration" From "The Ballad of Little Joe" Veggie Tales are changing my life. Who knows if Cross is getting encouraged, but I certainly am. If Little Joe can praise God and remain faithful in a HUGE storm of life, so can I!

"Despite their personal shortcomings and past mistakes, every Hebrew was extended the same opportunity: obey God and reap the rewards." This is from my Bible Study "One in a Million" by Priscilla Shirer. This study has been such perfect timing it is not even funny. My jaw has dropped often as I have read the pages and pondered my current circumstances. I have only done a few things right in life, but one has been to attempt to always ask the Holy Spirit to show me what Bible Study to do next! There are so many "good" things out there, but I want Him to show me what is BEST for me, in my season, with my sins, for my future calling! Here are a few more from that study:

"Lack of faith stops the believer's journey with God at the edge of the promised land."

"I become (or for me, had become) more focused on the journey than on the One who called me to it."

Now this segment is from the Bible Study I am about to start and I don't know that I have ever been more excited in my life after reading an intro to a study! "Seeking Him" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom (google it, get it) It is on the topic of personal revival, HOW timely!

First paragraph in the intro:
"Are you tired of trying to be a good Christian? Are you overloaded and worn out with church activities? Do you sometimes feel as if you're just going through the motions of the Christian life? Do you often find yourself running on empty spiritually? Do you experience heaviness or shame more than joy and freedom in your Christian life? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then perhaps God is calling you to something deeper. Maybe you're ready to experience personal revival!"

WOW! I will refrain from quoting the entire intro, but I am pumped all the same!

"A faith that leaves us unprepared for suffering is a false faith that deserves to be lost." "If God is Good" by Randy Alcorn This is a book I have just begun and it may take me a year to finish it, but it is awesome so far. It says that "Suffering will come; we owe it to God, ourselves, and those around us to prepare for it." WOW again!

Ok, last but MOST certainly not least, the Lord gave me a word the other day for our future and I thought it may be a great encouragement for us all!

Ish 43:18&19 "Behold I do a new thing! Now it springs up! Do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland!"

I cannot tell you how thrilled I will be to behold a new thing! Thank you Jesus!

Love you guys!
K

No comments: