Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ok moms, I need some HELP!!!!!!

I don't do this often, ask/beg for ideas from anyone willing to share. I am usually too type A, even about my research, but I am at a LOSS! Here is the problem! Cross, going to bed, at night, in the big boy bed. FYI, naps, no problem, 99.9% of the time, not one!! Let me tell you how this has gone, week one in big boy bed, super consistent and it worked. No problem! We were rocking! Then Cross got sick (this was like 3 or 4 weeks ago now though just for the record) so obviously I checked on him a hundred times, took temp, snuggled, you get the point.

Now to bring you up to date: I have tried later, I have tried earlier, I have read books, I have spanked 101 times (if you don't agree with this detail it is not up for blog discussion so don't bother), heck I have tried not spanking even. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!! We have/are sat in the door way and watched him. He has currently been in the bed for 1.5 hours and is still trying to get up some and seems wide awake (yet he was yawning like crazy 3 hours ago AND we were out last night and didn't put him down til much later and he did the same stinking thing. I am DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please!!!!!!!!!! I will try just about anything!!!!!!


Calling all moms,
Kelly

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is a tough one! I've actually been mulling this one over through my mind for a few days, and I think if I had the answer for you I could write a best selling book (o: All I can say is that this has been a battle for us since Olivia went to big girl bed. We've been persistently fighting it now for 2 years. But the encouragement is...it's getting much much easier with maturity and age and consistency. Praying the battle won't be so long for you (o:

TeamCleveland said...

OK, here is what worked for us. We put one of those door-knob covers on the inside of Chloe's door so she couldn't come waltzing out. Did she get up to play? YES. Did she lay by the door and yell "mommy" 100 times? YES. Did she eventually fall asleep by the door? YES!!! And after a few weeks of doing that, she started sleeping in her bed. We decided that as long as she was in her room, that that was ok for us.
Try it and see how it works. Eventually the little guy is going to just give up and fall asleep either on the floor or in his nice comfy bed.